Tuesday 8 October 2013

Far more details about Revolutionary War from London Film & Comic Con

















This past weekend was the London Film & Comic Con at London Olympia.

I wasn't there. Several people have now contacted me to tell me that I really should have been.

Yeah. Sorry about that.

Luckily, however, the very helpful Jon Carpenter of Starlogged was. Which was very fortunate, because while it seems to have gone largely under the radar for press so far there was a Revolutionary War panel at the event, at which Andy Lanning, Alan Cowsill and Glenn Dakin unveiled the shape of the series to come. Carpenter has covered the LOT. You should go and check it out HERE.

So as far as I can tell it sounds like the premise of Revolutionary War is that in the years since we last saw them MYS-TECH have been taken down and while a few heroes have remained active, such as Captain Britain and those who worked for MI13, S.H.I.E.L.D. have set about shutting the others down.

And naturally those heroes are probably not entirely happy about that.

Which is likely what the 'Revolution' part is all about.

We already knew that Mark Brooks would be doing some covers, but Carpenter says that they also announced a Death's Head cover by Liam Sharp and a Super Soldiers cover by Dave Gibbons.

Interesting.

So, reading between the lines of here and elsewhere... I *think* this is what we'll be getting:

Prologue (January 2013):
Revolutionary War - Alpha: Writers - Andy Lanning & Alan Cowsill Art: Richard Elson

One Shots:
Motormouth: Writer - Glenn Dakin Art: TBA
Warheads: Writers - Andy Lanning & Alan Cowsill Art: Gary Erskine
Death's Head (featuring Death's Head & Death's Head II): Writers - Andy Lanning & Alan Cowsill Art - Nick Roche
Dark Angel: Writer - Kieron Gillen Art - TBA
Knights of Pendragon: Writer - Rob Williams Art - TBA
Super Soldiers: Writer - Rob Williams Art - TBA

Conclusion:
Revolutionary War - Omega: Writers - Andy Lanning & Alan Cowsill Art: Richard Elson

And seeing those names involved I'm actually pretty happy.

Also confirmation that Captain Britain & MI13 will appear. Something I'm naturally very happy about also.

But it was this quote which made me smirk in particular, on the subject of the to joint Death's Head and Death's Head II story.
“It’s a buddy movie… It couldn’t be more Death’s Head”

Those of you who know me from my posts over at Comic Book Resources will know that I've wanted to see a Death's Head 'Buddy-movie-with-himself' series for a number of years. It's also something which I've discussed with Death's Head fanatic and Panini UK artist Simon Williams on Twitter. I'm amazed nobody has done it before, and I really look forward to it.

So that's what we know for now.

Please feel free to spread the word about Revolutionary War. This is to date a pretty low key Event from Marvel. I don't think they have any particularly high expectations for its performance, and it's unlikely that there will be a huge amount of in-house publicity for it.

This is a huge opportunity for Marvel UK properties to get some exposure. Let's make the most of it.

2 comments:

  1. I was worried when all the talk was of DHII, but if the original is back too then I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48560

    It's official!

    ReplyDelete