Thursday 2 February 2012

Radio Silence for a While

Hi folks,

You've no doubt noticed that the Blog has been a bit quiet of late. While I've still been tweeting periodically the actual content here has been somewhat sporadic.

As many of you will know around this time last year I was diagnosed with Cancer in one of my kidneys. I had some surgery, which went well, and then began on a period of chemotherapy. That took more out of me than I expected. There's a good few Blog post drafts on here that got started, but just never got finished off. I continued to work throughout that chemotherapy, and often at the end of a day I just didn't have the energy to finish off a post I started, sadly. So while I did have things to say on subjects like S.T.R.I.K.E. appearing in Fear Itself, the cancellation of Alpha Flight or Captain Britain joining the Secret Avengers they've gone unsaid.

For now, anyway.

Unfortunately, later on today, I shall be going back into hospital. I've got to have a bit more surgery, sadly. There's couple of leftover bits of cancer, tiny little things, which grew very slightly despite the chemotherapy. They need removing. I'll then be embarking on six months worth of more aggressive chemotherapy in order to finally clear this out of my system.

Hopefully by September/October time everything will be returning to normal.

For the next week I'll very much be off the radar, in a hospital ward, and without internet access. Which is probably for the best. I don't foresee a combination of me, morphine and the ability to Tweet ending in anything other than trouble... And I'll probably be a little bit quiet for a while afterwards.

In the meantime, if you're curious about my progress, I'm sure that (and I'm very proud to now be calling her my Wife :) ) @need_a_username will post the odd update about me on Twitter.

It's going to be another tough year. But by the end of it I'm sure it will all be worthwhile.

Until the Next Time...

Mark (The Sword is Drawn)

8 comments:

  1. Mark - wishing you all the best for the hospital trip. I hope it goes well and I look forward to new blogs from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit lame for the situation, but get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck Mark, hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, Mark. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm recovering nicely. Chemo should begin in roughly a month. The bad news is the duration of that treatment means Con Season is out of the question again this year. The better news is I'll be finished by Christmas, with any luck. A small price to pay in the long run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep on with the fighting, amigo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the chemo isn't making you feel too bad!

    ReplyDelete